Monday, September 29, 2008

Jeff lost my radiator cap

This week I have had two of the easiest car fixes ever. First, while driving my car, Jeff somehow managed to lose my radiator cap. So I bought a new one ($8) and some coolant ($13) and the problem was fixed. There were no leaks, no insane pressure build-ups, no anything beyond spilled coolant.
Since then, however, it had been running a bit rough at times, sputtering somewhat. It almost felt like a piston was misfiring or something. So I thought I would check the easy things first because I don't want it to be difficult or expensive. Turns out, one of my wires had come off of the spark plug. I put that back on, made sure the rest were tight and took 'er for a test spin. No misfiring and it seemed peppier than usual (though that might have just been me driving the car harder and faster than usual).
So there we go, two fixes for under $25, and taking no more than an hour.
Now go and Grasp the Nettle.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 p.m., Blogger Candace said...

Wow! Under $25 for both??? If only it were always that simple!
We had to drop $500 this summer to fix the air conditioner in the van.....

Maybe we should come out your way next time :)

 
At 11:35 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

the one before it was $900, so don't get too excited about my mad skillz

 
At 12:46 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

also, $500 for air conditioning ............. you got off eassssssssssssssssssy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home