Thursday, April 07, 2005

And then I ATE the cheesetoast.

Well, work today was kind of weird. Actually, it's been an interesting week all around. So far this week, we have had two servers fired, one quit, and one of our cooks was talking about quitting. He had a long meeting with the managers, and I have no idea if he is staying or not. They are starting to crack down on everyone being late because, well, everyone was coming in late. That's not completely true...not everyone was coming in late. But a large number of people were habitually late, or missing shifts and not getting them covered, or calling in sick ten minutes before their shift started. So all of this was going on, and yet I was feeling chock full of Benergy*. I was bouncing around, feeling happy, loose, energized and ready to go. I really don't know why, it was just one of those random bouncy days. I bet tomorrow's nothing like that.
Work in general is going pretty good right now. I'm not quite as busy as I was a few weeks ago, thank goodness, but I'm still keeping busy enough to pay the bills. My back is really sore today, but a good rest will clear that right up.
I'm going to go now, but I'm glad I could share a piece of my world with you. One of these days, I'll figure out how to post a picture up here, or something like that. Maybe I'll start a webcomic. Those are fun.
Toodles

*Benergy - n. - the energy that causes one to bounce around and do random, yet amusing, dances, a la Ben Kroeker*
*Ben Kroeker - Betty Crocker's* son
*Betty Crocker (aka Betty Kroeker) - the woman featured in the February issue of Reader's Digest. She's a fitness instructor.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Glad your day went well, if not everybody's. That seems to happen a lot in restaurant work - people quitting or high turnover. It's an industry where lots of the people have a passion for the money they can make, but not a true passion for the work or industry. But let me tell you, if you're solid and dependable, it can take you a long way! I feel like I should be breaking out into a rousing version of "Like a rock!" Go ahead. Sing it in your head. You know you waaaaanna!

 
At 6:07 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

By the way, when I went to login to be able to make posts, it almost forced me to create my own blog spot. I'm not quite a randomly goofy as you, but check it out at www.smalltownviews.blogspot.com You're the only one who knows about it so far....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home