Sunday, October 05, 2008

Grocer, not grosser

Grocery stores are interesting places to go. I find that every time I go, there are three to six people that I keep running across. I like to see what people are buying and wondering what their plans are for that food.
One of my favourite things is seeing people who just seem out of place. Today there were two guys dressed in leather biker type clothes and every time I came across them they were looking at rather 'high class' stuff - shrimp and...I can't actually remember what else, but it was not something that would be expected. You know, like the burgers or smokies or something equally manly. But these guys were acting like they were preparing for a fancy dress party.
I really like seeing the 'punks' and the 'goths' and the others who are supposedly 'anti-establishment'. It is like these people who are trying so hard to be anti-society, to be all outsider and dark and grim, and here they are walking around with a bright green basket, picking out apples and pasta and just being oh so normal. They just seem so out of place in a grocery store.
I guess I just like people watching at the grocery store.
Interestingly, I think that every time you go to the grocery store, you should try to buy something you have not tried. Today I bought a fruit called pummelo. It is larger than a canteloupe, and is apparently related to grapefruit. I have not tried it yet, but I look forward to seeing how it tastes.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

pummelo's are yummy,
goth people are fun but emo are hysterical! they are so sad about the bag of oranges they are gonna buy, and you know nothing is sadder than a box of fruit loops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home