Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Going a bit further than Winnipeg.

I am going on a missions trip to China in February. Our team will be doing two things while there. Half of us will be building a playground for an orphanage. The other half will be running the orphanage for a week to give the regular workers some time off. I guess they haven't had a vacation in five years. The orphanage is called Seth House and is "a home for children with major limitations (physical and mental)". So kids with down syndrome or cleft palates or things of that nature. Basically they are children that were not perfect and so were not wanted by the parents (who, I believe, are only allowed one child under Chinese law). Rather than let the kids be killed, Seth House takes them in and cares for them and trains parents who want to adopt how to care for the children. They have helped place many children in homes over the past five years. I can't remember an exact count, but I think it is something like thirty.
Anyway, I will be sending out a letter to about it in the near future. The cost is around $2500 including flight and I will need a little help with that. I am quite excited to go.
On an unrelated note, my hands are really dry today.
Also, I updated Grasp the Nettle.
Oh yeah, we will be in Jinghong Banna in China. I think it might be here. But I am not really sure.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

This is awesome! I'm really excited for you and where God is leading you.

Is this through your church?

 
At 6:17 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

it occurs to me that you haven't updated in a frikkin long time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home