Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Life in the land of slumber

I must be frustrated with life right now, at least based on recent dreams. Last night, I dreamt that I was at a unique buffet. Every time you wanted another helping, you would go throgh a drive-through. The problem is the drive-through was poorly designed. It wound its way back an forth, much like a line at an amusement park, or at the bank. At every corner, there were a few different options and lane choices, but only one way was the right way. If you picked the wrong turn, then you would end up going into oncoming traffic, or in one case you'd be on a road leaving the area completely. And, of course, there were no signs directing you to the proper lanes. I got the wrong lane every time except for once (and I was soo proud of myself that time). It was in infuriating. At least the food was good.
Last week, I dreamt one night that I had somehow contracted AIDS and cancer at the same time. The part that got to me was having to tell my mom. It was depressing. And then I woke up and went back to sleep. My next dream featured a baseball game where the players were making spectacular plays, but then they would land and snap a limb clear off. Some guys slid into a base and lost a limb. A few guys landed awkwardly on their heads and popped them off. One player snapped clear in half when an umpire chased him down and tackled him. It was quite disturbing. The funny thing is that if I were to watch a movie like that, I wouldn't be bothered at all, and it sounds like the kind of movie that would be gloriously horrible, so I'd probably enjoy it. But in the dream it was so real that I just felt sick, but unable to look away. Like a passenger train wreck.
A few weeks back I had a dream that I didn't want to remember, so I didn't. But I can still feel the sense of sorrow that I had when I woke up. It was very sad.
Some days I don't like dreaming....

1 Comments:

At 12:34 p.m., Blogger Lorraine M said...

Don't eat cheese before bed!! That will do it to you every time.

OR

Write those weird and wooly dreams down - we will write a screenplay and give Tim Burton a run for his money!!! WE COULD BE RICH!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home