Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm so angry!

I say this in all seriousness: Go rent the movie Crash. The one that came out last year, with Sandra Bullock and Don Cheadle, among a host of others. It is a really good movie, and it made me angry. It goes through one day in the life of a series of a group of characters living in L.A. Each character's story is intertwined with the other people's stories somehow. The movie is about racism, but it is not a feel good movie. At the end of the movie, absolutely nothing is resolved, and the most maddening thing is that it is disgustingly accurate to how many people are in many parts of the U.S. and Canada. I hate it so much.
So see the movie, and then spend some time thinking about it. Discuss it with friends. Not just the movie, but the problems that it raises. This is not a problem that will go away by ignoring it.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

yup


me too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home