Sunday, July 27, 2008

Days of Thunder

In the past two days I have heard two peals of thunder. Both of them sounded like explosions going off right above my head. Last night, it set off car alarms. It was awesome! Both were preceded by bright flashes of lightning, so I was not caught off guard, but they were loud enough to still be startling.
Then it began to rain, but it was a bit disappointing. That level of thunder deserves better rain. I enjoy a good, hard rain. That is the best time to take a walk. I am not a big fan of the days upond days of grey, dingy rain. I need the sunshine. But give me a good thunderstorm with heavy rain, the kind of raindrops that are so big you can track them from a klick up all the way to the ground. Walking in that type of rain is so cool. Of course, I have to avoid the lightning, but hey, that can be a fun game...

2 Comments:

At 12:20 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
8 chicken thighs
6 small red potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:


Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note


DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place chicken and potatoes into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them, and stir to coat. Scatter the chicken and potato pieces in a large baking dish, or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered. Baste during the last 15 minutes for extra crispness.

 
At 2:22 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

mmm, sounds tasty. I'll have to try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home