Thursday, October 09, 2008

I'm not even surprised

Computers are dum. Mine just shut down for no real reason. Actually, I think it overheated, but it had never done that before and I don't think I did anything different than I have in the past, so I don't know why it was suddenly so eager to shut down. Heck, it is even pretty cool in my room right now, so that should have been helping it not overheat.
I wait a bit for it to cool down and it does not seem to want to start. I took the battery (I have a lap top if you didn't know)(and even if you did) out and then put it back in and it started after that, though if the two are related I don't know. Great, now it is starting up, and it gets going, and I go to check some things online and download a file and it refuses to download, no matter what I try.
In the past, that problem has been solved usually by restarting my computer, unless it is caused by slow internet or a heavily used network (or both). Since neither should be the case here, I decide to restart my computer. I wait patiently (c'mon! hurry up!) as it reboots, and I go to move the mouse using my little mouse-touchpad thingy. But the mouse won't move. I try a few different things with the keyboard, but can't figure out any way to make the mouse move. So I manage to restart the computer (ctrl-alt-del still worked fine) and have to wait for it to restart again.
It starts again, and I try moving the mouse. Hooray, hooray, the mouse moves. I open Internet Explorer and go to type an address (once I checked the hockey scores - the Avalanche lost. Boo!) and nothing happens. I try again, and still nothing. I try clicking on a link to get to a new page and try again, but still nothing. I try a few more things and come to the conclusion that the keyboard is not working.
Remember, this is all on a laptop, so everything is connected - no jiggling the connector on the back of the tower here. This leaves me restarting my computer one more time, hoping that everything works this time. It finally (I wait very well for computers)(fragga-rassa-rootin' tootin'...ooh I hates that rabbit) starts up and this time the keyboard and mousepad both work.
Of course, I'm fully expecting the screen to go black any second now...
All of that to say: I've updated Grasp the Nettle with a further adventure of Thunderfunk the Superchicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home