Friday, December 16, 2005

Because you demanded it. Or I demanded it. Well, someone demanded it!

Movies movies movies. I've been awfully negligent and I apologise. But I am back with my witticisms and scorn, my praise and my scorn. My joy, and my, uh, scorn. I think I need a new, um, word-book.
Moving right along.
Jarhead, starring Jamie Foxx, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Peter Sarsgaard, all men with interesting double letters in their names. That is probably about the highlight of the movie. Really, the movie spends two hours and doesn't really say anything. It doesn't try to say that war is bad, or that it is good, or even that it is a necessary evil. It doesn't really support or damn any of the main characters, they just exist. The main character, played by Jake, swings back and forth between happy go lucky army guy and manic depressive army guy with no reason. It's been a while since I watched this (roughly a month I think), but the passage of time hasn't made it any better. It's not a terrible movie, but it really isn't worth seeing.
Aeon Flux, starring Charlize Theron. This movie was not too bad. I was extremely tired when I saw it, so I almost slept through it. By almost slept, I mean I was almost asleep many times in the movie, and I actually dozed off once or twice for a few seconds. It wasn't a bad movie all in all. I like the weird Sci-Fi sorta stuff, and this certainly qualifies. I would have to watch it and be more awake, but I think I enjoyed it for the most part. I'm racking my brain to come up with examples of anything from the movie, but all I can remember is that at the beginning she catches a fly with her eyelid. I don't know why the fly flew that close to her face, but it did, and so she did.
As for home movies, I watched Total Recall, which was a fun movie, lots of explosions and fighting. Arnold Schwarzenweenie can't act very well, but he is definitely very muscular. Another Sci-Fi movie that was kinda fun.
Last, but not least, is Hudson Hawk, starring Bruce Willis. I love this movie. It is full of amusing one liners, and just randomness that is so kooky, it was truly a gem. Bruce Willis gets knocked out probably a dozen times in the course of the movie, but he still manages to save the girl and foil the evil bad guys. I think he is, and especially was back then, underrated as an actor, especially in comedic roles. He can play the screwball quite well, and has a great sense of timing, at least I think. I really enjoy watching his movies - he does angry very well. Frankly, I'd reccommend this movie to anyone. Well, almost anyone. I have to admit that it is a bit crude, and some people don't take kindly to that sort of thing in movies, so to those people I reccomend Bruce Almighty, also a very fine movie. But for the rest, I'd say give Hudson Hawk a couple different viewings. You won't be sorry.
Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home