Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Grace

I guess what it all comes down to is grace. The only thing that separates Christianity from every other religion is the concept of grace. Jesus died for our sins, God shows us grace by not giving us what we deserve, and frankly there is absolutely nothing that we can do in any way to save ourselves. It's all about grace. That's why these attitudes bother me so much, why I'm so inclined to defend people. I feel like they are showing little or no grace towards others. We are commanded in the Bible to be like Jesus. Well, Jesus died on the cross for our sins, the ultimate act of grace. And while hanging on that cross, he thought not of himself, but he forgave the sinner beside him; he ensured his mother's well-being; he prayed for those who had tormented him. How can we sit back in comfort and bitch about others, or put them down, or simply belittle them? I used to call it intolerence - now I call it ungraciousness, and it makes me sad.
That is all I have to say at the moment. Maybe someday I'll revisit this, maybe not. But I'll never stop trying to show more grace to those around me.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 a.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

Sounds like you finished reading Philipp Yancey's book, am I right? I felt (still do) a lot of what you wrote-kudos to you Darrell! And may God be with you as you try to show others the grace that was first shown to you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home