Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Not even kidding a bit.

Too many of you, this may seem like an amusing post, but I am deadly serious. DON'T EAT WHILE YOU'RE TALKING ON THE PHONE!! Seriously, it's so disgusting, it makes my hair just stand on end. I don't know why, but the sound of chewing sometimes grosses me out to point of not being able to handle it. I remember when I lived at home I would be eating supper and no one would be talking (cuz we's enjoyin' good eats!), and I would get up to use the bathroom, or finish after one helping, or discretely cover my ears (hang my head like I'm tired and hold it in my hands) because if I didn't then I would have lost my mind. It really bothered me. It hasn't come up much lately because I usually eat alone at my place (my own chewing doesn't bother me) or I'm with people and there are no silences (often cuz I'm in a restaurant and there are ambient noises masking it). But I found that it bothers me even more when it's on the phone. That's just gross. No one wants to hear mastication over the phone.
Well, I'ma gonna go eat now.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 p.m., Blogger Corndog said...

Hey Darrell,
I have a problem. It's masticating with my mouth open. But I won't do it on the phone with you any more. And when I am masticating next to you, I will keep my mouth closed. But then again, we are usually doing it at the same time so you might not hear me, so maybe if I don't look at you it will help. Thanks for the heads up!
Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home