Monday, May 01, 2006

OLP! OLP! OLP!

Ho-ly Crap!
Our Lady Peace really knows how to put on a show. They are super high energy right from the get go. I wasn't sure how Raine Maida's voice would be in person (I heard him on TV once at a concert and he seemed to be struggling with his singing), but it's just as good as on the discs, plus this was LIVE! After the first song he made the tech guys come out and move the monitors closer to the edge of the stage so that he was closer to the fans. He forgot the lyrics to one of his songs (there was a pause, and then he said "I forgot the lyrics" and then he continued with the next line). He grabbed a group of people and brought them on stage for four or five songs, just standing at the back and cheering wildly. He ran in to the crowd and a couple guys I know got to touch him. He picked out a couple young boys (both were ten) in the crowd and went out and sang to them, standing with them at their seats. They were pretty far back, I was surprised that he saw them. He grabbed someone's phone that recorded music and recorded a song that they don't have on an album and told him to post it on the internet. And by recorded a song, I mean he held it up to his mouth while he sang, so the recording probably wasn't all that good.
But the concert was good. It was AWESOME!!! They are so good, I love their music and I'm ready to go see them again any time.
G'night.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 a.m., Blogger Corndog said...

Hey Darrell,

I am glad to hear that the concert was awesome. OLP sounds like they really like to get the audience involved, and just be who they are! I just farted, and it smells like warm ham. Now I'm hungry, is that bad? Anyways, see ya later,

Kevin

 
At 2:01 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Cool. I had no idea you were going to an OLP concert. I'm finding that I'm not much of a concert goer, but that probably would have been impressive, to say the least. Glad you enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home