Monday, April 10, 2006

The cycle begins anew

The knees on my pants were only just sewn
The scabs on my legs still tender and sore
This dirt and mud road all that I have known
I don't even care 'bout the pain anymore

My bottle of pain is only cracked on one end
If I push really hard I can make some more fit
I try to be stalwart, I won't break or bend
As long as I don't take one more hit

I slump in the ditch, I'm too tired to feel
The journey too hard to finish alone
The pain I've inflicted too fresh to heal
The thoughts in my head to weary to roam

I pick myself up to try try again
But trip and fall as soon as I start out
My stumbling stones stubbornly remain
I wallow in self-pity and doubt

I shiver in cold, in the sun I bake
I lay on the road in utter despair
Picking myself up gets too hard to take
Try one more time? I don't dare

Where is my champion, my defender of faith
Where is the yoke he said was so light
All I see is a dark ugly wraith
With weariness I rise up to fight

The taunting I'm faced with is too much too bear
All of my sins are laid out for the world
The lies and accusations of foul warfare
Are flaming arrows accurately hurled


I sit in the mud, just wanting to cry
Perchance I may be daring to dream
As I take a deep breath and wait only to die
Do I hear the trumpets of the calvary?

3 Comments:

At 11:38 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

did you wright that?

 
At 2:20 p.m., Blogger Lorraine M said...

What recess of your mind did you pull this from...

AWESOME

 
At 3:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

r u depressed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home