Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Battle of the TV stars

I enjoy the show Alias, but I think the makers of the show were lazy. As near as I can figure they only filmed enough footage for a thirty minute show and just extended it for an hour by making everything slow motion. I don't think I've seen a show that uses so many slo-mo shots in my life. I don't think I've seen an episode that didn't have a slow motion shot, usually of Sydney (Jennifer Garner), but pretty much every character has been used. I am actually quite amused by it.
After watching two straight seasons of 24, some parts of Alias look a little weird. In 24 everything happens within a very short time period, so it was weird to see a scene followed by a scene of the same character across the Atlantic, a journey of 10-20 hours depending on various travel arrangements. Even in shorter scenes where it is obvious that at least two minutes have passed between cuts (a guy is at the bottom of stairs and then he is at the top of the stairs) was a bit jolting for much of the first episode. Both are good shows, but I think Jack Bauer could kick Sidney Bristow's butt. It would be a tough fight, but Bauer is clinically insane, and Sidney actually still cares. It'd be a good fight, though. Until Jack shoots her.
And I'm gone for a week.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Darrell, Jon Petkau here. I absolutely agree. Jack Bauer would uncontrovertibly wipe the floor with Sidney. I mean, he's already been dead once. It didn't take. Good luck with that one Alias girl.

 
At 4:03 p.m., Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Darrell,

I emailed you already but I need your address for your Christmas card or I'll send it to your parents'. Email me. :)

 
At 8:24 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

have fun wherever you're going...where are you going??
oh, and umm something about your post...uhh "pow!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home