Thursday, January 11, 2007

Erik the Red was an enemy of the state!

Sometimes I look back in history and I see times that I just would not have wanted to live through. One such time is the whole McCarthy communist witch-hunts of the fifties. I understand that communism tends to be a political system that fails spectacularly, and I also understand that the 'enemies' of America at the time were mostly communist, but I just roll my eyes and shake my head at some of what went on. Could you imagine the paranoia that everyone had to living with at all times?
"Hey Bob, what's your favourite colour?"
"Red....dish Green. Reddish Green. In fact, it's more of a green. That's what I said, green. I think red is for sissies..."

I mean, how ridiculous is it that everything you do has to be very closely watched because if it's even just slightly misinterpreted you could be charged with treason.
Thankfully things are much more relaxed anymore and we don't have to worry about such pointless persecution.
And, um, just for the record, I've never been to the Middle East...

3 Comments:

At 12:16 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

reddy green is purple! YOU LOVE MY TRUCK DONT YOU!!!

 
At 4:14 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

Red and BLUE makes purple.

 
At 9:14 p.m., Blogger jSharky said...

sometimes, politics and paranoia make me want to chew my foot...

but no... I never chew my feet.

I think I'll take up grumbling instead.
grrrh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home