Thursday, July 31, 2008

Movie Madness

Soon, I will be starting a new series on this BLOG. In the past few weeks I have mentioned the Top 250 movies list on www.imdb.com. I have decided that over the next year, I want to see every movie on that list. Luckily for me, I have seen many of them already, so I only have to see 166 of them. I am intrigued about these movies - there are many classics on there that I have never seen, including Citizen Kane, which is considered by many people to be the best movie ever made. I like this list because it is based primarily on user ratings. People register at the imdb site and then they can rate the movies, and the movie's rating is an average out of ten. The top movie is The Dark Knight with a rating of 9.2 out of ten.
So I will go through and watch the movies and let you know how I think of the movie. I am already anticipating not agreeing with some of the ratings. I know Forrest Gump is ranked at number 52, but I have never liked that movie all that much. Same with Gladiator and Braveheart. They did not interest me. On the other hand, Casablanca was a phenomenal movie, and it's rank of number 10 is probably deserved.
Interestingly, Alfred Hitchcock has twelve movies in the top 250, and I have not seen any of them. In fact, I don't think I have seen any Hitchcock movie before, which is a shame, assuming his reputation for cinematic genius is deserved. I'm looking froward to those selections.
I don't know when I will start this, but it will likely be in the next few weeks, so keep an eye open.
Also, I have updated Grasp the Nettle. Check it out.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

I don't know if I told you this already or not, but a guy I work with is doing the same thing... he found some movie rating channel (maybe imdb.com) and is making his own list. He keeps asking if I'm "ever going to see Dark Knight" ... probably, one day.

I just REALLY don't like scary movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home