Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Oh right, the alternator

A car needs a name. When you buy a car, spend some time getting to know it and then give it a good name. A car without a name will not perform as well as a car with a name*. My cars have been named, in no particular order, Pips, Vannessa, Green Meanie, and Freddie. My Cadillac was not with me long enough to have a name. It's the same as with boats - all boats have names, and all cars have names.

With that in mind, meet Thor:
Thor is my newest car. Freddie, my Honda, decided that a clutch is an entirely optional part. He was wrong, and now he is waiting for me to send it away to the Kidney foundation, or the something else that will take it away, which is too bad. I liked Freddie, but he let me down.
Thor, however, I have great hopes for. He is a newer car (1992, so only 16 years old...my newest car yet!) and has had alot of work done to it, so hopefully it will last a long time for me, or at least until the end of January. He is a front wheel drive six cylinder Pontiac Grand Prix and is much larger than my Honda. The man I bought it from (Rod Remin) was reportedly a little concerned at first that it might be too large ("Can he handle a car that big?"), but I have had a Crown Victoria, an Impala, a Cadillac DeVille, and a Comet, so big cars are nothing unusual for me, and Thor is not quite that big.
And with a name like Thor how can it go wrong?

*Do not, under any circumstances, name your car Eddie, or anything rhyming with Eddie, such as Freddie. Stupid car.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

I thought guys cars usually had female names, I don't know why I thought that-maybe because I've never seen a boat named Jim.

 
At 7:25 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

it depends on the car. my Crown Victoria was named Venessa, but somehow, this car told me that he was Thor, and who am I to argue with the Norse god of thunder?

 
At 10:17 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

No, no. You should argue. Really. I want to see what happens....

Hmmm. poniffic as a sign in word. Almost -almost- sounds papal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home