Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some Thoughts

Nike's ad for their golf ball shows many different players using their ball and wearing their logo and the music, shots, and text all imply that the winners use Nike. But what I see is that Nike has an awful lot of players using their ball and losing every week. I don't think I'll use their ball to golf.

I'm eating a pizza with corn on it. It's chipotle chicken, so it has chicken and a cream sauce and is spicy and quite tasty. Also, it has corn.

The BC Lions and Edmonton Eskimos are playing football against each other. If Edmonton wins, then BC is 0-3 on the season and Edmonton is 2-1. I like BC being at 0-3, but if the Roughriders lose on Saturday, then they would be tied at 2-1 with Edmonton. But if BC wins, then they are at 1-2, Edmonton is at 1-2, and the Roughriders will be in first place even if they lose, so that is good.

I still want BC to lose.

3 of the last 4 Grey Cup champions were coached by rookie coaches.

Taylor's golf ball ads admits that they aren't the number one ball in golf. Then they say they are better. But they're still not number one, so why would I want to go with a brand that isn't the best. If they aren't the number one ball, how can I believe they are so good. Just because they say so? I don't think so. I won't be using their golf balls either.

Today has felt like Friday all day. But it's only Thursday. So sad.

Bah.

At some point I heard a news story saying that the World Health Organisation or the Centre for Disease Control (or whoever deals with pandemics) wanted everyone to stop referring to H1N1 as swine flu because it was harmful to the pork industry and was innacurate. Since then I have only read one story that did not mention swine flu. Most stories say something about "H1N1 virus, formerly caled swine flu" or something like that. By now, pretty much everyone should know that H1N1 used to be called swine flu. It makes me think that the people who write the news have a very low opinion of people's intelligence.

Sometimes I think they are right.

The more I see Kraft's Mayonnaise ad, the angrier it makes me. How does mayonnaise make you cool? It just doesn't make sense.

If I don't specifically care about two teams playing in a game, I usually cheer for the home team because then the crowd will be into it and an excited crowd sounds better.

An ad for the Keg suddenly made me think of Christmas, and I'm not ready for Christmas yet. Oddly, it was a lobster that made me think of Christmas. Yeah, I can't explain that one either.

BC won.

Now go check out Grasp the Nettle.

Update: I'm tired. I'll update the Nettle tomorrow.

Update update: It's been updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home