Friday, September 09, 2005

Raymond Raymond Raymond

I had another visit from Raymond last week. For those of you who don't know, Raymond is the name I have chosen for my movie thief. Why Raymond? Somehow it seemed to fit. So now I am down to seven movies, three of which I bought today (Fargo, Clue, and Titan A.E. were bought today, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Shaun of the Dead, The Brainiac, and Lost in Translation were the ones remaining from before), plus my VHS. I don't think that Raymond has a VCR, just a DVD player. On the upside, all of the windows in my car are completely whole. I have not had a window in my car smashed for a solid year now, so that's good. I think I should leave cookies out for Raymond. He seems like a reverse Santa Clause. You know, it seems appropriate that it was a dark, rainy, autumn day that I found out the movies were stolen and not just accidentally taken by Jeff when he moved out. Fits the mood somehow.
Don't feel too bad for me, though. It's just movies. I'll buy more, don't you worry. Nothing else was taken, no one was hurt, and I'm not terribly concerned. The way I figure it, either I'm being tested by God for something, punished by God for something, or these are just experiences in my life that are shaping me into the man I will become. No matter what, I'm not worried.
Peace out y'all.

Oh yeah, the reason I have named my DVD thief is that I think it may have been the same guy both times, so I figure I may as well name him. Both times only DVDs were taken, even though there were computers/TVs/CDs/etc sitting around that were also easy to steal and use/get rid of in a hurry. My guess is he figures there is less to worry about with taking movies because they are such low value that people won't try too hard to find him, especially not the police. That's my theory anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home