Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sittin' on the crapper waitin' for something to happen...


...(but) nothing's gonna happen at all!
I have been spending the past three weeks in glorious vacation. I finished work at noon on Friday, December 9th, 2005, and have sat back and chillaxed ever since. It is nice having a job that actually gives you vacations, and that pays well enough that you can afford vacations.
But the question is, what have I done in the past 26 days to keep myself from going crazy. Um...crazier. Smoke!
Well, for about a week, I did pretty much nothing. I hung out with a few people, and watched a bunch of movies because it seemed that most everyone I knew was writing exams at school, and they were busy studying-slash-sobbing. Incidently, if you weren't/aren't going to school and were/are free, drop me a line. When I'm in town, I have absolutely nothing else going on, so I'm completely free to chill or whatever. Heck, if I'm bored enough, I'll even help you move.
Incidentally, that is exactly what I was doing for the past few days. My brother, the one who burnt down the first church he had been a pastor at (don't worry, he had been working there at least a month by that point) has changed churches. He is now a part time pastor at Tofield Alliance and at Viking Alliance. I'm going to be honest with you folks here and tell you that I don't completely remember the details, so you might want to check the comments section to see if he or anyone else has indignantly corrected the above information. Also, he's going bald. Heh. The move from Mannville to Tofield went fairly smoothly, and they are in a heck of a house. I felt sorry for Darrian, their (almost) one year old son. He's been a bit sick, and so much travel over the past month, and he's probably teething a bit. It made for one grumpy little boy at times. Hopefully he'll adjust pretty quickly.
I drove from Calgary to Regina, out to Strasbourg Bible Camp (an hour northish of Regina), from there back to Regina, and back to Calgary, followed by a drive to Mannville (90-120 odd minutes (and two even ones) from Edmonton), then to Tofield (around 90 minutes west, then south, of Mannville), then back to Mannville, then to Tofield, and then back to Calgary. And no where in any of that driving did my butt get sore. I LOVE my car!
Christmas was pretty sweet. The presents were cool (a Riders long sleeve T-shirt that's bright green!), but I really just liked being around family, hanging with my brothers, seeing my sisters-in-law, holding my nephews, teasing my younger cousins, and talking with my parents, as well as my grandparents, uncles, and aunts. Plus, the food was to die for.
Interesting story, I enjoyed Christmas except for Christmas day? Why, you ask with a single raised eyebrow beneath a slightly furrowed brow? And why did 'food to die for' make you think of that, you continue? Well, let me tell you. We ate a huge Christmas dinner at about 2pm on Sunday, and it was oh so tasty. Sadly, almost immediately afterwards my stomach felt a little unsettled. I figured it was because I gorged myself. Turns out it was more like a stomach flu, given how I threw up the entire meal about four or five hours later, after which I felt better, though it took a few days to feel completely over it. That was the first time I had thrown up since I gave myself food poisoning three years ago.
I guess that's been my life the past few weeks. I still don't know when I start up at work again. I tried calling my boss, but he was out, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.
So drop me a line, my email is aliens8elvis@hotmail.com. Let me know how your Christmas went. I'd love to hear from you. Also, I'm always completely willing to accept donations of baking. Just in case you were wondering.
um...

1 Comments:

At 9:59 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

OK. tough guy
times up
you proved your cooler than the rest of us!
now belly up to the table....... or do you want to see who is taller? uuuuh cuz I do know how to tango......... you savy???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home