Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gut

Well, my time for leaving for Germany is fast approaching. Someone recently said to me that I tend to make things difficult sometimes because I don't always provide much information to people, and I realised that he was right. I do tend to play things close to the chest, only letting my cards show with great reluctance. I bet a p-sychiatrist would have a field day with me.
But until that day, I will take some time today to let everyone know what exactly is going on in my life and times.
And the answer to that is there isn't a great deal, at least that is how it seems to me. But that might be because I am in the middle of the activity, like the calm at the eye of the storm. In mid June (the 18th I believe) I am heading to Winnipeg for a week to go through an orientation. There I will meet the other RAs and staff members that will heading over with me. There will be fun and learning! Or so I am told. Food, anyway.
I am working on a German language course. I have learned a few things, basically how to ask for directions and to make plans for eating something or drinking something (beer or wine, they haven't taught me the word for water yet), also how to count to 19 and ask how much I owe. I haven't started the reading/writing portion of the course yet, so I can't spell any words, except elf which means 11. That's about it.
I don't know exactly when I am leaving yet, or from where. Until I have enough support raised they told me that I can't buy a ticket, which makes sense I suppose because they are pricy and if I end up not going then the ticket might be an unnecessary complication. Or something like that. I do know that I have to be there on August 4th, so I will probably leave Canada on the 3rd to get there on time.

My fundraising is going all right, I'm probably around 40% done, which is a good start, but I need 80% (of $1800/month) before I can officially go, so I've still got a ways to go. If you are planning on donating something, please send in the pledge forms soon.
That is all I can think of at the moment. Anyone have any questions they want answered? Ask away in the comments (it accepts anonymous comments (or should) so you don't even need a Blogger account to ask) and I will answer them! I promise. Or email me at
aliens8elvis@hotmail.com.
Talk to y'all later!
D

3 Comments:

At 8:03 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

water:wasser nice and easy. :) good luck with learning German! :)

 
At 9:46 p.m., Blogger Kristine said...

HEY!!! I was goingto tell you what water is... leave it to Nicole who ACTUALLY speaks German to upstage me! But she didn't tell you there's also Sprudelwasser, which is like fruit-flavoured water that's apparently not all that sweet, so it takes some getting used to. But if you don't want wine, beer or coffee (Germans drink a LOT of coffee), try the Sprudelwasser, then tell me what it's like.

 
At 10:58 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

oh yeah, they mentioned coffee in passing once. sadly, i don't drink coffee (haven't had one for three years now, maybe longer). wasser, eh? sounds gut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home