Friday, April 27, 2007

Some of my favourite actors



Why I like him: He's Spider-Man. I don't know why I need to say more?
My Favourite Role: Peter Parker in Spider-Man 1, Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3
Other Notable Roles: Cider House Rules, Pleasantville, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. None of which I have seen, but I have always wanted to see.
Roles he maybe should have passed on: General Hospital. Apparently he was on an episode in 1979 when he was four. Say it ain't so Toby!
Who he is not: Jake Gyllenhaal








Why I like him: He is good at being a loveable character, someone you can’t help but root for.
My Favourite Role: Robert Graysmith in Zodiac
Other Notable Roles: October Sky, Jarhead, Brokeback Mountain.
Role he maybe should have passed on: Bubble Boy. I can’t see how that was a good idea.
Who he is not: Toby Maguire





Why I Like Him: Because every movie he does is awesome. He does movies that he wants to do and he does them well. He is amazing at playing quirky and odd and slightly dark, but he can do straight serious and funny as well. Seriously, I may love this man.
My Favourite Role: Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, and Pirates of the Caribbean: We Just Like Making Really Long Titles (that last one may not be true)(but it might be)
Other Notable Roles (take a deep breath): Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Finding Neverland, Secret Window (a highly underrated movie), Once Upon a Time In Mexico, From Hell, Blow, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, and Ed Wood
Roles he maybe should have passed on: Chocolat, but I can’t say that for sure. Simply because he is in it I want to see it. Kinda. A little. Sigh.
Times Working with Tim Burton: 6



Why I Like Him: I never watched the X-Files, but the movies that I have seen him do have all been good ones. There is just something charming about him.
Best Known Role: Either Patient in woman's underwear in St. Elsewhere (1982), or Fox Mulder in The X-Files. One or the other.
Other Notable Roles: Evolution (a highly highly highly underrated movie), Zoolander, Return to Me (this was a heck of a good movie - Go see it)
Roles he maybe should have passed on: Beethoven. I’m not saying that it was a bad movie, but I am saying that they made what seems to have been fifteen thousand more. It’s getting sad, and it’s too bad he had a part in it.
How often he has fans ask him about aliens: Daily.




Why I Like Him: He is really good at what he does, and he only does movies that he wants to do. He is exceptionally good at doing comedy, but he doesn’t have to resort to boob jokes or over-the-top slapstick to be funny.
My Favourite Role: Martin Q. Blank in Grosse Pointe Blank
Other Notable Roles: Better Off Dead… (odd, odd, awesome, odd movie), Con Air, High Fidelity, Runaway Jury
Role he maybe should have passed on: Serendipity. I just can’t make myself want to see that one.
Number of Films with his Sister: 11
This is by no means an exhaustive list, just a few that I thought of today. Maybe another day I list a few more. And Johnny Depp again, because he just bears repeating.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 a.m., Blogger Kristine said...

For the record, two other good ones with John Cusak are "Runaway Jury" (one of those feel good court drama kinds of ones) and "Being John Malcovitch" (he plays a puppeteer).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home