Saturday, April 21, 2007

Crazy Nigerians....

I have been hit with a classic hoax email. It is a variation on the Nigerian scam. That is when a person receives an email claiming that these people in Nigeria have some obscene amount of money, $10 million to $100 million, and if the receiver of said email is willing to help then everyone will become filthy rich. All you have to do is send some money to help get the process started. But, of course, the money is never delivered and the poor sucker is bilked out of thousands of dollars.
The email I got was from MRS. MARIFE C. DERONA, a woman who allegedly helped a rich man going through a divorce sock away $10.2 million in a secret account. Tragically, said gentleman has since kicked the bucket, leaving her as the only person with knowledge about the location of the money. If I'm willing to give her my name and address we can start the process of getting the money, of which I will receive 20%, or roughly $2 million. I'm so excited. Usually I just get offers for larger....tracts of land. I have finally moved into the big leagues!
There is actually a part of me that wants to make up an address and name and see if I can string them along for a while, but I probably won't do that. It could be fun though....

2 Comments:

At 9:19 p.m., Blogger Kristine said...

I saw string them along. Why not? It's not like you would try and get them to send YOU money... or would you?

 
At 2:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use your amazing computer skills to creat a false cheque form a fake bank and see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home