Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sprekken zee deutche? Nope.

All right, so here I am. But where is here? Well, at the moment, here is my apartment in Calgary. In a little over 12 hours, here will be on a plane winging its way across the ocean (actually, in 12 hours I'll probably still be over Alberta or Saskatchewan), and 24-36 hours I will be in Germany.
That's right, I am finally going! It all came down on Thursday. I had a meeting at the church to see how things were progressing and through the course of the conversation we started figuring out what I had for funding, what was coming in for sure and what might be coming in. And then we called the Janz Team office in Winnipeg and started talking to them about the numbers, putting figures into the formula and suddenly we realised that I was over that magical 80% figure and they could book my ticket. Within two or three hours I was booked on a flight for Sunday at 9:30pm. So by the time you read this I may already be gone! Maybe I should start packing....
Kidding, I'm already partly packed, and the rest will come easily.
I am so stoked!
Now, this doesn't mean I am at full support. As near as I can figure, I am around 85%, possibly as much as 90%, but that last little bit would still be awesome to get. If you would like to donate some, let me know (aliens8elvis@hotmail.com) and we can totally set you up.
Wow, I can't believe I am actually going. Up to now it's really all been theoretical. I "will" be going soon, I "am planning" on living in Germany. Well, now I can remove those quotation marks of doubt. I am going.
But seriously, I really have to go finish packing.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Hey, Darrell. Mom called and said you had made it! I have no idea how long it will take you to get online again, but I hope your trip went well and that you're having a good time! Talk to you soon (by the way, what's your phone number there?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home