Monday, July 23, 2007

It sits on a person's lap. Let's call it cheese!

I bought a laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite with 80....something....of hard-drive and....aw heck, I'm not even going to pretend I have clue about what's in it. I am so computer unaware that it is amusing. I just want the blasted things to work for me. I do know that I would like to upgrade my graphics card. Or Video card. Or something along those lines. It doesn't have a very good one of whatever it is. Also, the battery only lasts a couple of hours. I don't know if that is about normal, I would like one that lasted around five hours or so, but it's not a big deal.
Generally, though, I am happy with my new laptop. It saves a great deal of room in my...room. I also am finding that I like the keyboard more than my old computer. The layout takes a little getting used to, there are a few extra buttons, the caps lock key is easier than usual to accidentally turn on, and the 'home' key is right beside the backspace key, so sometimes I go to delete a letter and find my cursor magically moved to the beginning of the row, but other than that, I have no qualms. I even like how it sounds better than my old keyboard. Also, it means I can have a computer when I go to Germany, which is good. The old desktop probably wouldn't have fit in my suitcase.
I gave it to Jeff because he hasn't had one for the past year or two. So now he has a computer which is good for him, and it is still a decent computer, not top of the line or anything, but it will run most things that he wants to run.
So it looks like everyone wins. Except the Roughriders. They lost.
Sigh

2 Comments:

At 11:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ESKS!!

 
At 11:54 a.m., Blogger jSharky said...

Odd things those laptops (or "notebooks" - their post-lawsuit name). They're kind of my job now and I should know a lot about them, but they're still kinda weird to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home