Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I think I'm getting old and cranky

Okay. This was going to be a posting about me coming home this summer and stuff like that, but then something happened that made me want to rant instead. I often like to have two or three internet windows open at the same time (you say to me: "but Darrell, Internet explorer has these fancy tabs now so that you only need one window actually open at a time." I know that. The computer I am using doesn't have that version of IE yet. And this used to happen all the time before they fancied up with the tabs. Besides, this is my BLOG, so I can rant how I want to. So there. Nyah!). That way one page can be loading while I am looking at the next page. It is useful when I am doing something that requires me to look at various links on a site so there are multiple times of waiting for loading. Plus, I really don't like waiting for internet pages to load. I would die if I had to use dial up.
Anyhoo, sometimes I will type in an address and get the page started loading and then read the next page while I am waiting. But when the first page finishes loading up, it forces itself to the front, covering the other page I was reading. I hate that. I just want the page to load in the background and I will get to it when I get to it. But nooooo, it has to be all impatient and pushy. Sometimes I will hit 'alt-tab' to get back to the second page and it will immediately pop the first page up in front again. It is like a pop-up ad, and nobody likes those.
Why do these pages do this? Are they coded that way for some reason? If so, why? It bugs me, as you can tell.
There, I feel better. Don't you?

6 Comments:

At 9:42 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

I am starving!
there, made you madder

 
At 11:45 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

may i call you scott?

 
At 11:41 a.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

no

 
At 5:19 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

try minimizing the 2nd window instead of just having it in the background.

 
At 2:31 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I don't want it minimized. That involves clicking the mouse on the little line in the corner, and I just want to hit "ctrl+'n'" to open a new window and then click on the address bar. And it doesn't always work - sometimes it maximizes itself.

 
At 7:43 p.m., Blogger Big U said...

Use Firefox and avoid all those messy Microsoft IE issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home