Monday, December 01, 2008

The Jibblies

The more I think about it, the more the ocean creeps the bejeebers out of me. I'm not talking about sharks, which at least look cool. It's things like this. Look at that thing...it just looks mean and menacing. I think the jerky motion of the camera on the video in the first link is because the creepy squid thing is trying to take over the camera operator's mind. THEY HAVE POWERS! And this is just the tip of the iceburg.

What about this guy? What's up with that? It's unsettling somehow. It looks like it has given up on fighting gravity.

This fish looks like it is not quite finished. Somehow the proportions are off, making it hard to look at.

I may have nightmares about this oddly hinged mouth coming at me. It's almost as though a mouth somehow sprouted a tail.

Heck, pretty much everything on this page is vaguely disturbing. Check out the bottom four pictures - they don't even know WHAT THEY ARE!

There are things down there. Scary things.

Read some Nettle and forget the troubles of the deep for a while.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

That is the grossest, most disgusting, nauseating, fearful, you-name-it, blog post EVER. Seriously.

EWWWWW. It was like a train wreck, I just had to keep looking. Now it's past my bedtime, I haven't had my shower and I'm too scared to move. And I especially don't want to go near any water...

*shudder*

 
At 3:56 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

like, what the heck do you do at night? what happens in a day that makes a person go onto the google maker and look up fish that look like chris on a bad morning?
you need help bro

p.s. i need to type ruchr to publish this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home