Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pon and Zi, not ponzi

I like comics. I think they are an art form. I read a large number of comics every day. Recently, I came across one that I like and I'm not sure why. It is two characters called Pon and Zi. It is not really a comic strip per se, more of a bunch of comics done by a guy and posted on his Deviant Art page, which has now apparently been taken down. I don't think he did it regularly or ever got them published, and I'm not even sure if he is a he. I know nothing about these comics or the creator.
That being said, I like them. I read these comics and it just touches me somehow. Every one makes me smile. They aren't laugh out loud funny...in many ways they aren't really very funny at all. Yet they still make me smile.
I think my favourite quote is "I may not look like much, but I'm pro at pretending to be a ninja." That is the entire comic, but it's all I need.
I feel like I shouldn't like this one, but I do. I wish there were more. I think I just really enjoy the drawing. It's a cute sort of innocence I guess.
Ah well.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Smile on. Maybe you should develop a comic....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home