Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sometimes, I get bored

Do we really need pillows? If I sleep on my back, it seems unnecessary. It only raises my head and bends my neck, however slightly. Is that good?
But maybe, just maybe, sleeping completely flat is actually bad for our necks and we need that bit of elevation to maintain a healthy neck.
Or have we just become spoiled by pillows and mattresses and duvets (which are French tire covers, right?). Is man meant to sleep on the ground, covered by nothing but the cool night air, the twinkling stars, and our horrible, horrible shame?
I dunno.

Grasp the Nettle

1 Comments:

At 10:14 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

I go for the horrible, horrible shame one.

Actually, I find that weird sometimes, too. I feel like the upper part of my back is just slightly bent (I have ongoing, minor problems with that area anyway). But when I try sleeping flat on my back, without a pillow, I find that it feels like my throat is getting slightly stretched in an uncomfortable fashion. So I just sleep on my side.

Nersp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home