Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well watered

I gave blood yesterday and I drank so much water during the day to keep myself well hydrated that I ended up going to the bathroom once an hour during the evening. And I had to go so bad that it was almost painful. I think I kept myself well hydrated.
The reason I felt this was so important was because when I gave blood a few years ago, I didn't drink much water afterward and it was not good. I was in my parents basement and I had to use the bathroom, so I ran upstairs and, as Bill Cosby said, started doing the Lord's business. As I finished, everything suddenly got real dark and then I found myself laying on the floor, which was odd because I had been standing the last I remembered. I think mom must have heard me fall because she called out to see if I was all right, and I said I was.
Mom, if you're reading this - I fainted. I was all right, just in a fainty sort of way.
So now I drink plenty of water.

Grasp the Nettle

1 Comments:

At 2:48 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

I hate to break it to you but hydration is not the issue with fainting but rather nourishment. when you lose that much blood you lose the ability to get the energy to your cells.
Having an extra cookiw will do way more than having an extra few glasses of water.

(the water does help though)

waceirin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home