Sunday, July 24, 2005

Darryell Ulrickson

Yesterday I went to a wedding and it wasn't too bad. Samantha Dennis and Vince Andersen tied the proverbial knot in a touching ceremony. This one wasn't a bad wedding because I knew a great deal of people there, since Samantha is a cousin of the Ralphs, a family that is basically my second family, so I knew many of the extended family that was there. It was kind of fun.
Also, Pete and I got to be the MCs afterwards. We played around a bit, including doing a skit of how Vince proposed. I played Samantha, and as such, I wore a wig and a dress. A dress with a green flowery print all over it. A dress that did not fit around my shoulders and which featured sleeve holes that would not let my hands through because they were too small. It was fun, though. Not the wearing a dress part per say, but doing the skit in general. Although, I have to say it was too hot. It's my fault for wearing black, but still. That was ridiculous. Actually, it was only too hot when standing in the direct sunlight, or when the breeze stopped blowing in the windows during the reception. So it was only too hot about half of the time. Which was still tough for the bride in a dress that featured enough material to make a decent sized tent (it had a train on it, and there always seems to be so much extra material on wedding dresses, like the bride is trying to hide in there). And all of the bridesmaids got sunburned on their shoulders. Felt kinda bad for them.
Well, cowabunga and all that. See ya next time.
Oh yeah, my name was spelled in the program like it is in the Title of this BLOG. That is the most unique spelling of my name ever!

2 Comments:

At 11:15 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

heh
what did i do?

 
At 7:46 p.m., Blogger Jordan said...

I'm glad you had fun at the wedding. Wish I was invited! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home