Thursday, July 21, 2005

It took two people to write Happy Birthday. TWO!

Well, today was my birthday, and I worked the whole thing. Except the part that I slept through.
On someone's birthday, it is customary for said person to examine their life, to see where they are going and where they have been. I can see why so many people drink on their birthday.
Me, I don't really see birthdays as all that significant, at least not now, when I am young and invincible. I look back on my life, and I see that I have made many mistakes that I wish I had not, but that all in all, I've set myself up for great things in the future. What those great things are, I'm not sure yet. But hey, where's the fun in the journey if you know the ending.
And now, like a broken mirror, I'm not reflecting anymore. At least not in the morose birthday sense.
I hope I never spend my time looking in the obituaries for people that I know who have died. That's so morbid.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

I just realised that we chose the same blog template.
I am sort of freaked out by that now.

 
At 9:01 p.m., Blogger Jordan said...

Happy Birthday!
Just wanted to add that I think that not all people use their Birthday as a time of self-destructive reflection. I personally like to think of my Birthday as a time that everyone I know if required to heap gifts and affection on me and nobody else. Is that selfish? More healthy or not? Either way my Birthday is coming up on August 18th and I expect gifts and affection from you and everyone else reading this. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home