Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Yippee Ki Yi Yay....

Today we (me, Jeff, and Peter) watched a movie called Hostage. It starred Bruce Willis, and some other people. If you like Bruce Willis (and I do), then you will like this movie. If you ask me (and you didn't)(but hey, my BLOG), Bruce Willis does a fine job acting. The movies he's done that aren't simply shoot 'em up type movies such as Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, and The Kid (a very underrated movie) have shown that he is someone who is capable of more than just running around without a shirt on and shooting people. He does do that in this movie, but that is not all that there is too it. Although people seem to survive longer than you might expect with gunshot wounds, and seem able to move around more than seems reasonable. Then again, I've never been shot, so who am I to complain. Besides, it's entertainment. If I wanted real life, I'd go find where the police helicopter is chasing right now. I think it's gone now, but I could hear it for a while tonight, circling our area.
Something I liked about the movie tonight was how the ten year old was portrayed. He seemed like a normal kid. He was randomly excitable, very scared when people came and took him hostage, and he screamed like a girl when he was being chased. I think I found this refreshing because it seemed like a real kid would act much the same way. Also, Haley Joel Osment, in my mind, is the child actor that comes to mind when I think of kids in the movies. The problem is that he always seems to be a bit too intense, to adult almost. I just want to ruffle his hair and tell him to lighten up a bit. Don't get me wrong, I like his acting and the movies he's been in, but I think he's almost too mature in his movies. Maybe it's just me.
Watch Hostage, you'll enjoy it. The character named Mars is pretty creepy. He was good. Me, I'm going to write a paper (third last one) and get some sleep.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home