Thursday, May 26, 2005

Enercell

Today, I went and watched Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. After the debacle that was Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace, I was disappointed enough that I didn't even feel like watching the next Star Wars movie. And so I didn't, not until two weeks ago when I finally rented it. I found it to be much better than the last one, so it was with moderate expectations that I went into Revenge. This movie definitely came the closest to being as fun to watch as the original three, closest to capturing the spirit. It was interesting seeing how they made Anakin Skywalker have a similar appearance to Luke Skywalker, mostly in the hair (and the whining).
As a fan of the original three, there were enough little teasers to make me excited. I enjoyed seeing some of the precursors to later Star Wars ships such as the Tie Fighters and the X-wings. Some lines stated that made one think of the next movie in the series. Some characters pop up that show up later. Heck, the battery ship even made an appearance. For those of you who don't know, the battery ship is the first ship you see in Star Wars IV: A New Hope, the one being shot at by the Star Destroyer. It looks like they taped a twelve pack of batteries together and called it done. I love that ship. I think it should be called the Enercell (the Duragizer maybe?). It entertains me.
Now that being said, this wasn't exactly an Oscar winner. Some of the dialogue was a bit corny. Okay, it was very corny. It was corny enough to supply Orville Reddenbacher for a year. I have never rolled my eyes so hard as I did during some of Anakin's and Padme's exchanges. But that's not really George Lucas' strong point I suppose.
All in all, however, it was a pretty good movie. Obi Wan was much more interesting in this movie. His character seemed to be having more fun throughout, almost a more dignified Han Solo type of idea. And best of all, Jar Jar says NOTHING for the entire movie. He only shows his face a couple times at all. Oh blessed blessed silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home