Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Or Maybe Camel Gut, It's Hard To Say

I just had an interesting thought that I thought I would share. A while back, one of my brothers (Chris, if memory serves) told me that he read a story which stated that a majority of people who kept a BLOG (I like capitalizing that word, I don't know why) were depressed, or more depressed than those who didn't, or something like that. The gist of the story was that people with BLOGS were more depressed. I thought that was funny (and hopefully not prophetic, given that I now have a BLOG)(it sounds like a foreign desert - "Waiter, I'd like to finish my meal with a BLOG, light on whipped cream". It would probably involve yak nostrils somehow). Not funny ha-ha, but funny "interesting...very, very interesting". But then I got to thinking, which I do from time to time. It seems to me that it would make sense that people who keep a BLOG are more depressed simply because that seems to be the kind of stuff that is explored in BLOGS. People keep these journals as a way to talk about what they are thinking and feeling, and I would not be surprised if many people found this to be an exercise in futility that can lead to depression. I know that when I start to think about troubles that I am experiencing, I can start to get down on myself, and having a forum where all I do is explore how crappy everything is would, well, probably drive me insane..er. More insaner? Crazy go nuts! That is why I am trying not to just write about what happened in my day and all the crap I'm feeling, etc. I could fill up pages and pages, but that wouldn't solve anything, and frankly there is stuff that I don't feel like sharing with everyone anyway. At least not right now.
But don't you worry. I have great plans for this BLOG. If only I could finish that online class. Whatever you may hear, I'm not procrastinating at the moment. Really, I swear. Reallly....sigh.
Interestingly enough, the word BLOG is not recognised by the BLOG sites own dictionary. Mmm...irony, an important element of any healthy diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home