Thursday, May 05, 2005

Circles with corners

The world turns
Around and around fasterandfaster
I grab the world
To make my head stop spinning
Where am I what has happened
The sickening sway
Forth and backbackandforth
Is it me?
Is it the planet?
Yes
No
(the square root of a carrot is still a carrot)
Oh sassafrass how do you do it
Dizzying waves engulf my being
being being
I don't know if I'm still here or stillthere
Where is here, what is there
Questions without answers
Words without meaning

Fear without source
What can I do or say
How long is short
How far is near
My greatest fear?
The world will finally stop
And fling me off
I glance around
Has that already happened?
It's hard to say
The penguin on my shoulder merely shrugs
He's just along for the ride.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

sasafrass and red.........perhaps strawberry...........mmmmmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home