Thursday, June 23, 2005

"You're sitting on a throne of LIES!"

Today was a slow day. It was the second day of my 'weekend'. And I did almost nothing. I sat at home and played video games all day. I watched a little bit of TV, but not much was on. I did hand in my third assignment, at least I think I did. If I didn't do that today, then I did it yesterday. Either way I have only one assignment to go, and then a test. It was one of those days where I just feel completely uninterested in anything. Part of the reason, I think, is that I feel a little isolated right now, mostly because I haven't got my phone hooked up quite yet. It's an internet phone, but I don't quite understand how to do it, and the guy who lives above me (who happens to be my landlord, and Peter's brother-in-law, and his name is also Darrell) has been working so much that he hasn't been able to help me. He has the same phone and knows how to do it. I'm useless in this department, really. Really am looking forward to having a phone hooked up again. Never thought I would miss it, but I do. Not that I'm going to be making many phone calls when I get it. I'm not much of a phone person. Truth is I actually hate making phone calls. Absolutely hate it. Sometimes I wonder if I actually have a phone phobia, it is that hard for me to make the simplest of phone calls sometimes. Even calling friends and family is tough, even if they told me to call them. It often takes me two tries to actually dial the number. I don't particularly like that, but I'm dealing with it.
As for the bit of a bummer day, another part of the reason is that I hurt my back a couple days ago, and it's just a dull ache that won't go away. It barely even hurts, it just makes everything uncomfortable. I am having trouble finding a comfortable way to sit/stand/lie down right now. I guess I'll see how that goes.

Two movies in the past two days. First was Cinderella Man starring Russel Crowe. I read in a review of the movie that Crowe plays the character as a genuinely nice guy in all ways, and I have to agree. There's just something nice about the protagonist in a movie being someone who is just a good guy without any huge flaws or dark secrets. He doesn't mess around behind his wife's back, he doesn't lose his temper violently, he doesn't do anything like that, which is vastly different from most movies these days. I kept expecting to see Crowe and Zellweger (who played his wife) to have a huge fight and nearly break up and she is in tears and he is running around getting drunk and into fights on the street and stuff. Instead, they had a disagreement, but it never seemed like their marriage was in danger. I think that's what impressed me so much. They were playing characters that were actually working at their marriage. All disagreements weren't so big as to be insurmountable. Heck, even at the end where she finally shows up at one of his fights (first time she had ever done that, so the story goes) she doesn't seem to be supporting his boxing so much as she is showing him that no matter what happens, she will stay by his side. It was awesome.
Another cool thing was the actor who plays Da Vinci on Da Vinci's Inquest on CBC plays one of the more prevalent secondary characters, a sports writer. I just thought it was neat to see a Canadian guy in this huge film. The kids in the movie are pretty cool too.
Second movie was Elf, starring Will Ferrel. This movie had me laughing out loud a few times. Such as the scene where he walks out into the street and is hit by a car. It was all just so casually done. Funniest car crash ever. I also found a meal that I don't want to try. He eats spaghetti and maple syrup. And then later eats spaghetti, maple syrup, marshmallows, pop tarts, and some other candy. It's so disgusting. I could feel my teeth starting to rot just watching him eat it. I hope he had to do alot of takes. The movie also starred Zooey Deschanel, and actress that I like. She was Trillian in THGTHG, and Jenny Herk in Big Trouble (a very amusing movie). Her character in this one is named Jovie, an interesting name.
So there we have it, two more movies that I enjoyed.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

try this darrell:
http://papascottmommaandrea.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home