Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mmm...

I was thinking today that it is very hard, and in fact may be impossible, to say the phrase "mmm, moist" without it seeming kind of gross. I don't know why, but there is something just intrinsicly icky about that phrase, like it dregs up memories of gross stuff from all of our pasts. If you don't believe me, then try it someday. In a group just say it, quietly almost to yourself, and see what kind of reaction people have. Even if you're just standing there they will assume you did or thought of something gross, and if they're polite they will just give you a weird look and avoid talking to you, possibly for the rest of the night. In fact I bet some of you who are reading this are wondering to yourself what exactly I was doing to make me think of the phrase "mmm, moist" and are a little grossed out. Don't deny it!
Just thought you should know.

6 Comments:

At 2:46 p.m., Blogger Lorraine M said...

There is an obivous difference in our build... mmm moist ~ chocolate cake, white turkey meat at Christmas, warm chocholate chip cookies....

Enjoy Switzerland.... i am so proud of you!

 
At 9:58 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

see, you're adding to the phrase though. if you mention chocolate cake it's totally different. it's just the phrase by itself.

 
At 9:27 a.m., Blogger Lorraine M said...

Oh I know what you are saying... I just think that women would not think gross things... If I was to say mmm moist... women would rebut with chocolate cake, white turkey meat... etc....

 
At 10:48 a.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

that's cuz girls are weird and evil

 
At 8:28 p.m., Blogger Just Jaq said...

i always giggle at the question:

what word sounds grosser; moist or used?

heh heh

 
At 11:47 p.m., Blogger Corndog said...

mmm... Darrell

I mean moist... yes of course... Moist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home