Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend Musings

I was driving on the autobahn today and it suddenly occurred to me that I was driving extremely fast. Back home I remember getting some of my cars up to high speeds, like 150km/h, and it felt like I was driving really fast - I could feel the speed. But when I drive that fast here it does not feel that fast, which is odd to me. It might just be the different cars I've been in, but that doesn't seem to make much sense because my cars back home were big cars with big engines. I never felt out of control, but I definitely could feel that I was driving fast. But the car I was driving here was a small hatchback, and an old one to boot. Nothing about it says speed or power, but going 140-150 feels fine. I don't know what to think about that.

I made whipped cream for the first time today. I put the cream into our mixer and turned it on. I was watching closely because I had to add sugar and I was told to add it when the cream started rising a little bit, or getting slightly thick or something. I thought it was getting close, and then one of the guys came into the kitchen and asked what we were making. I looked up and told him, pointing out the sauces and pasta on the stove. I looked back at the cream and it had bypassed the slightly thick stage and jumped straight to finished. I couldn't have looked away for more than thirty seconds. I felt a little upset at the cream that it would do that to me.

Yesterday I was at a wedding. Friends that I met at the English camp I worked at were getting married and I managed to snag an extra day off to drive up (near Frankfurt) to see the wedding. It was the first wedding I've been to in a long time that hasn't left me feeling upset and depressed. I think that's a good sign, but a sign of what I'm not sure.

So how was your weekend?

3 Comments:

At 6:52 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

Which weekend are you referring to? (Because we're in the middle of one)

Last weekend (long weekend) was GREAT. Went to camp and got it all ready for the kids coming in July. Much work, much fun.

This weekend is going great too...too bad you're not nearer, I'm baking a ton. Tomorrow we're throwing a surprise bridal shower for my best friend and I'm responsible for baking... oreo cheesecake, choc chip cookies, fudge & cake. Which reminds me I never did send you any cookies...how much longer are you in Germany?

I apparently have a lot to say (as per usual), I think I'll go blog.

 
At 1:46 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

do you ever think "bet peter would love to do this leagaly!"?


well do you?

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger Candace said...

I'm glad you had an alright weekend. I've not been too fond of weddings either lately, but I'm glad that this one didn't leave you feeling as you had in the past.

My weekend was fantastic. I was with our youth group at YC in Edmonton. Woohoo!! The kids learned some amazing things (as did I). I also got a great picture with the lead singer from Hawk Nelson. That was pretty sweet and I get to be the "cool" sponsor for a bit now just because of that picture. I've never been cool...I wonder how it's done.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home