Monday, January 12, 2009

No wonder I'm tired

Last night I dreamt that I worked for the angel of death. I had to tell a rather young guy that it was now his time to die. He was understandably upset, but I explained to him that if he did not die now then he would be dead in the next two years anyway of liver disease and his death would be extremely painful and would completely crush his family. I was offering him a peaceful death, one that would not hurt him physically (except for the whole being dead thing) and his family would not be as devastated.
Then a woman I did not know came along and started painting a very vivid picture of how life would be terrible for him if he lived, but how much better things would be if he died now; not for him but for his family and friends (like a reverse
It's A Beautiful Life). I was entranced by this woman and extremely grateful for her help. And then the area suddenly became crowded so we had to leave. I'm not sure if I ever killed the guy.
Just to be clear, I wasn't the angel of death myself. I just killed guys that needed an explanation and were relatively easy. The angel kept the tough jobs for himself.
How weird was that?
Nettle

1 Comments:

At 3:09 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Wow. Nice job if you can get it. I guess....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home