Saturday, March 07, 2009

I Guess It Leaned Too Far

I just watched this clip and it made me cringe. I had trouble watching to the end of it because I knew what was going to happen. All I could think of was 'what if I was the one who did that'? What could I do or say? Or what if I was the one to whom it happened? How devastated would I be? My insides just curled up into a ball, crawled to a corner and wept.
On the other hand, it is kinda funny.

On a completely related note, I just came up with a reason for why the futuristic gadgets of Star Trek seem to be bulkier and less slick and advanced than what we already have. Simply put, because smaller things are doing larger jobs. The tricorders, for example, are able to do what every piece of medical scanning equipment can do, but it is just one little box. It has to be bulky because there is so much just squished in there. Same with the communicators - the cell phones we have now are less bulky, but they aren't as advanced or refined. You can't just flip open your cell phone and start talking to whoever you want just by saying their name. You have to select and wait for a response somehow. The communicators have streamlined that somehow, so they need a few extra layers of computer chips or however they do it.
See, makes perfect sense.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Can't watch the video right now because I'm at home, but I did appreciate the clarification on the Star Trek equipment. That had left me sleepless too many nights to count!

Still, I can't help but cringe when I see their computers....

 
At 8:45 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

That video, seen it before, makes me... shudder. I SO feel for the guy and the reporter, I think I would've cried if I was him.... I just ... why the heck didn't they use a wireless mic, seriously.

 
At 9:39 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Wow. I mean, really. You have to feel bad for both of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home