Monday, May 25, 2009

Ah, rememberies

I just remembered an assignment I did in elementary school (perhaps in grade five). We were given graph paper and we could draw a picture of anything we wanted. It is possible that it wasn't so much an assignment as it was something to do when I was done my work. Either way, it was definitely graph paper. Oddly enough, that detail is not important at all, but I remember it clearly.
So I started to draw. As a young man, I was naturally drawn to tanks. I drew the barrel of a tank gun at the edge of the paper, like the tank was just too far to the right to be on the page, with a shell being fired from it. I then drew buildings that had been blown up. Across the top of the page I wrote the word "Sarajevo" in large block letters, which I intended to colour in. After I coloured in the 'S', I had a sudden change of heart, deciding that perhaps such a major event was not something to be handled so lightly. So I erased everything.
Everything except that 'S'. It was coloured in with marker. I didn't want to throw out my paper. So instead, I wrote 'San Jose Sharks' across the top of the page and drew a picture of a hockey player in the water. He was so scared that his hockey equipment had come off of him like clothing (and sometimes skin) tends to do in cartoons. His eyes were also bugging out of his head. The reason he was scared was because there was a shark swimming towards him, having already eaten his stick.
I don't know why I remember that.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

I remember the day you stabbed me with a fork!

richot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home