Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Chinese Update

I talked to the church yesterday, and all of the money I needed for my trip to China has come in. I'm going to China!

Holy vacuum cleaner bags! I'm going to China!

Now that the money is raised, I only have a couple more things to do to get ready. I have to get a couple more shots. I need to get my visa (an easy process I should have done next week), and I need to stare around wide-eyed for a while as I realise what I am about to do. I am going halfway around the world to a culture as different from mine as I can imagine. At least in Europe I looked like I fit in. In China I am going to be able to see over the heads of everyone in the country (stereotyped joke I know, but also generally true, so I've been told). I will stick out like a roast pig at a vegetarian conference. It is a bit of a daunting task that I have in front of me. I am looking forward to it.
If anyone was thinking of contributing to my trip but just hadn't quite gotten around to it, there is still one of our team members that is having trouble raising the rest of his funds. So if you still want to contribute, just say that it is for Adam instead of me and that would be helpful.

Anyway, I updated Grasp the Nettle again.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

ronumpl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home