Saturday, July 30, 2005

And to think I used to like that brand of ice cream

On Thursday night, I spent much of the night half awake, I think. I would have a dream, and then I would wake up enough to know that I was having a dream and I would shift around on my bed and try to fall asleep. But during the course of the day, I came to the realisation that I may not have been awake at all. I may simply have been dreaming that I was half awake and in my dream I was having dreams. I'm really not sure.
Then I went to work on Friday and had one of the worst days I've had at work in a long time. I was working the patio by myself, and I crashed. I couldn't keep track of what was going on, people were constantly going out there to eat, leaving me with no time to actually catch up, and I just lost track of everything. To make it even better, it ended up being a twelve hour work day for me.
And then I came home, went to bed, and dreamt that I was at work and having even a worse day. So I spent essentially a full day having a bad day at work. Now I'm going to work for what is likely going to be another long day.
Some days you just can't win.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Actually, I know exactly what that feels like. I always had those dreams once in a while (especially after a bad shift). It was when I started having them regularly that I knew it was time to move on. When you're working all night, and then get up and work all day and don't enjoy any of it - well, it's time to move on. Hope you're not there yet. Maybe today will be better. Good luck.

 
At 8:58 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

I had a work dream once and then went to college. They were sort of conected. I had looked into the info and half decided that I was going to do it. I had the dream, woke up and quit my job.
Of course I gave the required 12 months notice and still work there part time so maybe I didn't actually accomplish anything.

Ps."I always had those dreams once in a while"....Chris... Mrs.Hubbs would not be happy with you if she read this

 
At 10:22 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

i hate school and tomatos

 
At 8:32 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Oops. Yeah, that was a bad sentence wasn't it? Oh, well. If Mrs. Hubbs signs on, she can correct me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home