Thursday, July 28, 2005

I have no words for this.

I had a weird little incident at work today (Thursday). If we see people leaving after their meal, we are supposed to wish them a happy day or some similar departing word, and I try my best to do so. I noticed someone leaving, so I called out to him "Have a nice day." A few minutes later I was in the back and one of the other servers comes over to me and is laughing. Apparently the man had come back in and was upset with me because he thought that I was being sarcastic with him. I'm not sure why, because I was genuinely wishing him a good day. I guess there was something in the tone of my voice. Or he's just paranoid.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

4 Comments:

At 8:34 a.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

You used 133 words to describe what you have no words for. I am noticing a discrepancy.

 
At 10:33 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

sometimes you need to baseball bat windowes to fill a burning altornator void in your heart!

 
At 10:18 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

I've had that happen. Some people are so sensitive....
By the way. As a novice at this thing, I went to my blog site, then I did some fancy maneuvering and got logged in, then I created a new post (it was rather witty, too), and now I can't find it on my blog page. How doI leave posts on my own site? Is there a really simple, easy method? Am I just a moron?

 
At 10:19 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Oh, wait. I just refreshed my page and now it's there. Why didn't it show up right away? I hate technology. Except when I don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home