Saturday, August 20, 2005

Liststssttsts

Common items, items that are staples of the diets of most people, that I do not enjoy in the slightest:

Peanut Butter
Mustard
Coke (the cola, not the company)
Pepsi (the cola, not the company)
Diet Coke
Diet Pepsi
um...cola in general
Raisins
Scrambled Eggs
Oranges
Orange Juice
Relish
Cucumbers
French Toast
Peanut Butter
Apples (I don't hate these all the time, just sometimes)
Coffee
Maple Syrup
Peanut Butter
Mustard
McDonald's

Now an explanatory note about some items.
Apples: Growing up, apples and oranges were almost the only fruit that we ever had. I simply grew tired of apples and didn't eat them for a long time. Now I don't mind eating apples, but it's not something I go out of my way to do.

Oranges/Orange Juice: Just don't like 'em. No reason. Just don't. Tangerine's, or "Christmas Oranges" are the exception.

Mustard: Same thing. Tastes terrible, don't want it.

Coffee: I refuse to drink it any way except for black, and I dislike the taste so much that I just don't drink it. The last coffee I had was in December of 2003, it was two cups and each cup had at least two heaping spoonfuls of Hot Chocolate mix in it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. It was also barely coffee. On the other hand, it doesn't bother me when other people drink it.

Coke: (also Pepsi, and their corresponding Diet forms) I simply don't like colas. Never really have. Probably didn't drink enough of it as a kid, so I never developed a taste for it.

French Toast: If I wanted soggy bread, I'd dip my toast in water each morning. Or noon. Or whenever I manage to drag myself out of bed.

Maple Syrup: almost misleading. I don't really like the generic, fake maple syrup, either the homemade kind (sorry mom) or the store bought kind. Real maple syrup from real maple trees made in real Quebec, that stuff is pretty good (at least the few times I've had it). That being said, I will eat the fake stuff from time to time, especially in restaurants. Don't particularly enjoy it, but I don't really hate it either.

McDonalds: I don't eat much fast food (about four or five times in the past year), but when I do, it's usually Burger King or Wendy's. It is never, ever McDonalds. Part of that is because of my natural aversion to the stereotypically popular items of pop culture (I never watched Friends or Seinfeld either). Part of it is because I really don't think that they have very good food, even for fast food stores. That's really just my opinion, but I'm not going to change it any time soon. And their fries are no better than most places.

Scrambled Eggs: If I eat them, it's usually in a restaurant. They can be okay, but I never really liked them growing up at home, and that still drives me today. I'm fine with that.

Peanut Butter: I probably eat more peanut butter than I eat any of the other items combined. Yet it is the one that I can stand the least. Plain peanut butter is something that I find completely disgusting. There are times, when I am way too tired, or have eaten way to much, that just the smell of it can make me nauseous. And peanut butter breath is like kryptonite to me. On the other hand, put it in a candy/desert bar, and I'll kill to get it. Or at least wound. The peanut butter bars with the marshmallows are wonderful. And so are Reese Peanut Butter Cups (but only if the chocolate is on the outside. The backwards ones have too much PB). I guess anything is palatable with enough sugar.

So there you have it, more from the land of weird that is my life. Let this be a message to all of you. If you offer me any of the above items and I refuse, I am not merely being polite. I simply don't like these items. If I'm being polite, I will accept the above items and eat them with a smile on my face, and a knot in my stomach. Except the McDonald's and the peanut butter. I just can't do it.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

im eattina a Peanut Butter
Mustard Coke (the cola, not the company)Pepsi (the cola, not the company)Diet Coke Diet Pepsi
um...cola ingeneral Raisins Scrambled Eggs
Oranges Orange Juice
Relish Cucumbers
French ToastPeanut Butter
Apples Coffee Maple Syrup
Peanut Butter Mustard
sandwich from mcdonnalds right now!

 
At 1:11 a.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

How Horrid for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home