Thursday, August 04, 2005

Most Orange Kool-aid used in one scene.

First things first: I have seen two movies recently. The first was The Aviator. This movie shows that Leonardo DiCaprio is not Jack from Titanic. He is actually capable of acting, and doing a darn good job of it too. It is long, and I could not say how accurate it really is, but all in all, I'd say it's worth checking out.
The second was War of the Worlds. I have never read the book, though it is on my to do list. The movie was all right. There were some points that just didn't seem to make much sense to me, such as the aliens using their sophisticated scope to search a house for people, but they managed to hide behind a mirror and so they were all right. That means the aliens travelled across space, have highly advanced machines, but refuse to use anything more sophisticated than plain sight to search. If they had used heat vision or something like that they would have caught the people right away. That's just one of a million different ways that we could find people, and the aliens are supposed to be more sophisticated. But that is not really the big strength of the movie. Everything everyone did made me feel uncomfortable. It was an interesting look at how people react in a stressful situation. Especially troublesome was the mob scene where everyone started killing each other over a car, one of the only one that was working, and basically destroying the car. The utter panic made me a little uneasy, mostly because it seemed like it was rather accurate as to how people actually would act. All in all, it was a fun movie, worth seeing once.
I had more to say, but I'm not going to say it right now. I'll let things percolate some more.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

yup me too
and the riders keep winning

 
At 10:17 a.m., Blogger Marissa said...

I agree that scene in War Of The Worlds was particularly disturbing. I enjoyed the Kool-Aid bit :)

Have a nice day! (That wasn't sarcastic either.)

Peace, love, & happy bloggings.

~ Scarlett ~
My blog: art-junkie.blogspot.com

 
At 10:40 a.m., Blogger Yellow Gal said...

Now that you mention it, the blood splattered shrubbery did have a bit of an orange tint to it. Good call.

Another thing: the son & daughter were annoying & overdramatic. Dakota Fanning frightens me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home