Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A title I couldn't refuse.

I have now officially seen the entire Godfather Trilogy. Frankly, I was rather impressed. I don't really know what I can say about them other than I liked them. I don't even know what it is about them that I liked. I think it was just a solid story, a tragic story, about a man trying to do what he felt was best for his family, and being pulled into a world that he didn't necessarily want, but one in which he excelled.
Before I saw these movies, I was under the impression that the third one was a terrible movie that should never have been made. Now that I've seen it, I would disagree and say that it is the best of the three, at least in my eyes. I think what got me was that this story was where the wheels seemed to completely come off of the wagon for the Coreleone family. He is trying desparately to get out, and he is constantly dragged back in by his sense of duty and honour. Something about the entire situation just appealed to me, the struggle in the face of overwhelming history I guess. Really, check out the movies. They're long, but worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home