Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meanwhile, somewhere in China...

Wow, only one week until I head off to China. I am feeling both excited and anxious. And tired. But not hungry cuz I just ate some nachos. Mmm...nachos.
I am excited because this is an adventure. I get to see a culture I have never seen up close before. I get to be somewhere I have never been. And it is supposed to be warm. You don't know how excited I am about that part. I love being warm in February. These are all things that are pretty awesome.
But I am anxious (heck, downright scared at times) because there is so much unknown. I don't know the language or the culture. I don't know what the food will be like. We are building a playground which I have never done before, so how will that look? Will I be able to physically do the work. I don't really know anyone on the team very well (and I am at least twenty years younger than all of them...the leaders of the the team are in their late sixties or early seventies) and that is a bit nerve racking. Wracking? Scary.
I guess it's a good thing that God is a pretty big gender non-specific deity (or dude, as I like to call him)(dear dude, you rock. Amen). I know in my head that he can control all of this and protect me and give me strength. However, as a feeler, it is easy to get caught up in the heart, which is much less certain of things. Luckily for me, my heart is often willing to go with what my head is telling it, so I will manage to push through and put my trust where it needs to be at least most of the time. Please pray for me to get along with the team and to be able to do the work and to somehow leave where I'm going a better place than it was when I got there.

Also, Grasp the Nettle, if you dare.

3 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

Yes you can physically do the work. Follow these steps...

1. Turn brain-body connection off. (very important)
2. Install happy place immages or movies in brain.
3. Set body to move
4 ignore body until they wake you up and tell you the funny things you did after turning your brain-body connection off.


hypeck

 
At 9:37 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Have fun. We'll be praying for you! Don't mope about missing Beth too much (actually, go ahead. Won't bother me at all.)

Good luck.

 
At 11:26 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Leaving tomorrow. Have fun. Don't freak out! And try not to look down on the Chinese people. Heh! (little joke there - no pun intended with the "little" part, either).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home