Sunday, January 31, 2010

Should make for interesting radio around here

There was a big trade in hockey today between Toronto and Calgary. TSN posted their story about at 12:47 pm est today (Sunday). By 12:58 est today (Sunday) they had 839 comments on the story. Some people are for, some people are against, both sides raise good arguments (I read 20 of the comments out of curiosity), but, as I stated before, I don't put much stock in what is said in the comments, I'm just surprised that that many people commented that quickly.
Actually, on second thought, I'm not that surprised. Sports fan are pretty obsessive, and over-the-top obsessive compulsiveness is the defining characteristic of most internet posters, so when the two collide, it gets awfully noisy on the internet.

Also, J.D. Salinger died on Wednesday. I wonder what will happen next...

3 Comments:

At 10:36 a.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

My guess is that they will bury him next.

gogie

 
At 3:59 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

ha

 
At 11:17 p.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

Not quite what I meant, but fair enough. That is technically true. At least, I hope so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home